tahoe basin container services
Dumpster Types and Sizes
Construction and Demolition Dumpsters
Green Waste Dumpsters
In order to send a request for a dumpster rental, please fill out the form below.
You will be contacted by one of our colleagues shortly.
Delivery and Pick Up Access Requirements
- A 6 yard dumpster requires approximately 7′ wide by 7′ long area with an additional 25′ (minimum) of open space in front of it for the delivery vehicle.
- Larger dumpsters require more room with the largest (33 and 40 yard) requiring an area of approximately 12′ wide by 30′ long (room for the doors to open), with an additional 40′ (minimum) of open space in front of it for the delivery vehicle.
- The area in front of the dumpster must be clear of all objects (vehicles, equipment, tools, excess debris, including snow and ice) prior to delivery or pick up.
Service Charges, Trip Charges and Extra Fees
- All materials must be inside the dumpster. If material is hanging over the sides or above the top rim, it cannot be hauled and it will be subject to service charges.
- Max Load Capacity
6 yard dumpsters may be loaded to a maximum gross weight of
2,000 pounds (1 ton).
Other dumpsters (10 thru 40 yard including specialty dumpsters)
may be loaded to a maximum gross weight of 20,000 pounds
If a dumpster is determined to be grossly overweight and cannot be
safely moved, excess material must be removed by the customer. A
second dumpster may be requested at the standard rates to handle
If a dumpster is determined to be overweight when scaled, overweight
fees will be applied.
- Wet Cement
- Asphalt, concrete, sod, tile, brick, rocks (except 10 yard special)
- Hazardous Materials (paint, solvents, batteries, etc.)
- Refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners
- E-Waste (solar panels, televisions, computer monitors, copy machines, etc.)
If any of these types of items are found, special fees will assessed for handling and disposal of the items / materials.
- Roll off trucks are approximately 40 feet long, 12 feet wide (including mirrors, “auto tarper”, lights, etc.) and 14 feet high with a maximum gross weight of 48,000 pounds.
- Access must be clear of low branches and wires and wide enough for a vehicle of this size with room to maneuver and deliver / pick up your dumpster. Tahoe Basin Container Service is not liable for damage due to inadequate access.
- Clearly mark both above and underground hazards such as low wires, septic tanks and utility box covers.
Dumpster Sizes, limitations and suggested uses
Construction and Demolition
CAL Green / LEED
Dumpster Rental Information
- Dumpsters are rented for one calendar week (7 days).
- Dumpsters will be pulled on the 8th day.
- Please call one business day before requested delivery or before requested dump and return.
- Dumpsters are delivered and picked up Monday thru Saturday beginning at 4 am.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to make certain the dumpster is ready and available for pickup. If the dumpster is equipped with doors or tailgate, these must be closed and secured before pick up.